Saturday, March 31, 2012

March

It's been tough finding the time and motivation to paint, lately. So, tonight I sat down and decided to work until I had... something. I started this sketch about a week ago, but hadn't added color. I think this took me about three hours, total?

I don't feel like talking much about the subject of the painting right now, since I'm more focused on the technical aspects of the painting. I feel that my composition could have been better. It was pointed out to me once in a critique that I often have the same sort of POV in most of my paintings, and I can see that here, too--but I think that's something to work on next time.



1 comment:

  1. I really feel your color palette is advancing in a very positive direction. If that's evident in just a 3 hour painting, I can't imagine what something more substantial would produce. I miss you friend. Happy to see this. I know I haven't made much contact lately, but know that I really care about you.

    ReplyDelete